Sausage Omelet With Tomato Topper
- In a bowl combine the first six ingredients (through black pepper. Add pork; mix well. In a large skillet cook pork mixture over medium heat 3 minutes. Add sweet pepper strips. Cook 4 to 6 minutes more or until meat is browned and sweet pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Drain off any fat. Stir in spinach.
- In a small saucepan bring balsamic vinegar to boiling. Reduce heat, simmer, 15 to 18 minutes or until reduced by half. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine tomatoes, green onions, and basil. In another bowl whisk together eggs, 1/3 cup water, and the 1/8 teaspoon salt until combined but not frothy.
- In a large nonstick skillet with flared sides melt 1 1/2 teaspoons of the coconut oil over medium heat. Pour in about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture. As eggs set, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting eggs so uncooked portion flows underneath. When eggs are set but still shiny, spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture across half of the omelet.
- Fold the opposite side of omelet over sausage mixture. Transfer omelet to a plate. Repeat with the remaining coconut oil, egg mixture, and sausage mixture to make three more omelets. Top omelets with tomato mixture and drizzle with the reduced balsamic vinegar.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead
Prepare meat mixture as directed in Step 1. Place meat mixture in an airtight container; cover and chill up to 24 hours. To make omelets, continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Sausage Omelet With Tomato Topper)
- Per serving:
- 380 kcal ,
- 26 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 411 mg chol. ,
- 480 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 24 g pro.