Sausage-Egg Pizzas with Arugula Salad
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. In a large skillet cook sausage over medium heat until brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, place flatbreads directly on oven rack. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once. Arrange flatbreads on the prepared baking sheet. Increase oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread one-fourth of the pizza sauce over each flatbread. Sprinkle with cheeses, cooked sausage, and onion. Break an egg into a small dish;* make a small indentation in the center of one pizza and pour the egg into the indentation. Repeat with the remaining eggs and pizzas. Bake in the 450 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken.
- In a medium bowl toss together arugula, oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle arugula mixture with Parmesan cheese; serve with pizzas.
From the Test Kitchen
This is so that in the event the yolk breaks, it won't break onto the pizza. Save egg with broken yolk for another use and try again with another egg.
Nutrition Facts (Sausage-Egg Pizzas with Arugula Salad)
- Per serving:
- 593 kcal ,
- 30 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 14 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 250 mg chol. ,
- 1122 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 30 g pro.