Sausage and Spinach Skillet Pizza
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. In a small bowl combine tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, the tomato paste, oregano, basil, and the 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Place spinach in a large microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with the 2 teaspoons water. Cover with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 30 seconds. Continue cooking in 10-second intervals just until spinach is wilted. Let stand for 2 minutes; carefully remove plate. Transfer spinach to a sieve; press out excess liquid.
- Brush a 12-inch cast-iron or other heavy oven-going skillet with oil; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer to the prepared skillet. Roll edges to form a rim. Brush dough lightly with oil. Spread tomato sauce mixture over dough; top with sausage and spinach. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Cook pizza in skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Place skillet in oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust and cheeses are lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Using a spatula, slide pizza out of skillet. Cut into wedges. If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed red pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Sausage and Spinach Skillet Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 449 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 53 mg chol. ,
- 1237 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.