Sausage and Pepper Pizza with Wilted Kale
- For pickled onion, in a small saucepan bring vinegar, sugar, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. of the salt just to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add 1/2 cup of the onion. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cook 2 minutes; cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a 10-inch skillet cook sausage, sweet pepper, and remaining 1/2 cup onion over medium heat until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet;* brush with 1 tsp. of the oil. Spread with pizza sauce and top with sausage mixture. Bake 10 minutes or until edge of crust is brown.
- Meanwhile, for salad, in a large bowl whisk together remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and 1/4 tsp. salt, dried tomatoes, hazelnuts, lemon juice, and black pepper. Add kale; toss to coat. Drain pickled onion, discarding liquid. Toss pickled onion with kale mixture. Pile salad on top of pizza.
From the Test Kitchen
For a crisper crust, bake the pizza directly on the oven rack.
Nutrition Facts (Sausage and Pepper Pizza with Wilted Kale)
- Per serving:
- 394 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 38 mg chol. ,
- 531 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.