Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- In a 4- or 6-quart pressure cooker cook beef and sausage until brown. Remove meat. Drain off fat.
- Return meat to the cooker and add the mushrooms, onion, celery, garlic, parsley, sugar, oregano, crushed red pepper, bay leaves, stewed tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Lock lid in place. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe (if you have a first generation cooker). Over high heat, bring cooker up to pressure. Reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure and pressure regulator rocks gently; cook for 10 minutes.
- Quick-release the pressure. Carefully remove lid.
- Remove bay leaves. Serve over spaghetti. Makes 6 main-dish servings (6 cups sauce).
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare sauce. Cool, cover, and chill up to 24 hours. Reheat on rangetop before serving. Or, transfer to 1-1/2- to 2-quart freezer container. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator and reheat.
Nutrition Facts (Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 475 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 45 mg chol. ,
- 727 mg sodium ,
- 65 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 24 g pro.