Recipes and Cooking Creamy Vino Sauce 3.9 (51) 2 Reviews Looking for a creamy pasta sauce recipe to serve instead of standard Alfredo? Try our 20-minute Creamy Vino Sauce, featuring white wine, cream, a big handful of cheese, and plenty of fresh herbs. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on September 7, 2010 Print Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Scott Little Total Time: 20 mins Servings: 6 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 tablespoon finely chopped onion 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoon butter 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour ½ teaspoon salt ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper 1 ¼ cup whipping cream ½ cup dry white wine ½ cup shredded or crumbled Pecorino Romano, Parmesan, Asiago, Gorgonzola, and/or provolone cheese 2 tablespoon snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 2 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or chives or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage, thyme, oregano, or rosemary Directions In a medium saucepan, cook onion and garlic in hot butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add cream and wine all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in parsley and basil. Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 257 Calories 24g Fat 4g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 6 Calories 257 % Daily Value * Total Fat 24g 31% Saturated Fat 15g 75% Cholesterol 86mg 29% Sodium 322mg 14% Total Carbohydrate 4g 1% Protein 4g Vitamin C 3mg 15% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.