- Finely snip mango chutney. Spread chutney evenly on one side of bread.
- Thinly slice the brisket; arrange on half of the bread slices. Top with cheese
- Cover with remainin bread slices, chutney sides down. Brush bread with olive oil or melted butter.
- Preheat indoor grill, griddle, or skillet over medium heat or heat according to manufacturer's directions. Place sandwiches, a few at a time, on the hot grill or griddle or in a skillet. If using a covered indoor grill, close lid and grill for 5 to 6 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. (If using an uncovered indoor grill, griddle, or skillet, place a heavy plate on top of the sandwiches. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until toasted and cheese is melted.)
- Makes 6 sandwiches.
From the Test Kitchen
4- to 4-1/2-pound fresh beef brisket; pepper, 16-ounce package peeled fresh baby carrots, 2 stalks celery cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; 1-1/2 cups bottled smoke-flavored barbecue sauce; 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed; 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard; 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce; 4 cups hot cooked lasagna noodles or mashed potatoes.
Trim fat from brisket. Cut brisket to fit into a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, if necessary. Season brisket with pepper. Combine carrots and celery in the slow cooker. Place brisket on vegetables. Combine barbecue sauce, tapioca, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over brisket.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 12 to 14 hours or on high-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours.
Transfer brisket to cutting board. Cut brisket in half. Cover and refrigerate half of the brisket for up to 24 hours; use for Chutney-Beef Panini. Thinly slice remaining half of brisket across the grain. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Serve cooking liquid with sliced brisket and vegetables over cooked noodles or mashed potatoes.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chutney-Beef Panini)
- Per serving:
- 542 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 107 mg chol. ,
- 797 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 45 g pro.