Portobello Wrap with White Bean-Chile Spread
- Generously brush portobello mushrooms on both sides with 1/4 cup dressing. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a food processor combine beans, garlic, olive oil, chile powder and salt; cover and process until nearly smooth; set aside.
- Toss spinach with 1 tablespoon salad dressing; set aside.
- Preheat broiler. Place mushrooms on the unheated rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning mushrooms over halfway through broiling. Slice mushrooms into strips.
- Spread about 1/3 of the bean puree evenly over each flour tortilla. Top each with warm mushroom slices and the spinach mixture. Top each with cheese. Roll up each tortilla around filling. Place wraps seam side down on plates.
- Makes 4 servings
- For a charcoal grill, grill mushrooms on the ungreased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned, turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place mushrooms on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
From the Test Kitchen
To remove gills from mushrooms:
Using a spoon, gently scrape away the gills (the black portion underneath the caps) from mushrooms.
Nutrition Facts (Portobello Wrap with White Bean-Chile Spread)
- Per serving:
- 537 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 13 mg chol. ,
- 1158 mg sodium ,
- 58 g carb. ,
- 10 g fiber ,
- 23 g pro.