Grilled Swiss and Corned Beef Sandwich
- Spread butter on one side of one slice of bread. Place bread, buttered side down, in a skillet. Place cheese slices on top of bread, cutting cheese to fit so all bread is covered (overlap as necessary). Spread salad dressing over cheese; top with sauerkraut and corned beef.
- Spread butter on one side of the remaining bread slice. Place bread on sandwich, buttered side up.
- Cook sandwich over medium heat about 3 to 5 minutes or until bottom slice of bread is toasted and cheese begins to melt; turn sandwich. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until bottom slice of bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Makes 1 sandwich.
From the Test Kitchen
If you are making an additional sandwich, carefully add the assembled sandwich to the hot skillet. Cooking times may be slightly less.
Grilled Provolone and Pepperoni Sandwich:
Prepare as directed, except substitute Provolone cheese for the Swiss cheese, 1 tablespoon pizza sauce for the salad dressing, and 5 to 6 slices (1/2 ounce) thinly sliced pepperoni for the corned beef. Omit sauerkraut.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Swiss and Corned Beef Sandwich)
- Per serving:
- 526 kcal ,
- 38 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 102 mg chol. ,
- 1058 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.