Cajun Rice and Portobello Burgers
- In a small saucepan combine bulgur and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl beat eggs with a whisk; stir in drained bulgur, cooked brown rice, the 1/4 cup green onion, the pecans, bread crumbs, and 1-1/2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning. Shape rice mixture into four 3-1/2-inch diameter patties.
- Remove stems and gills from the portobello mushrooms. In a small bowl combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, the oil, and vinegar; brush onto mushrooms. Place mushrooms on a plate, top sides down; place a rice patty in the center of each mushroom cap.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling, except omit drip pan. Test for medium heat above center of the grill. Place mushrooms, rounded sides down, on lightly greased grill rack over center of grill (not over heat). Cover and grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into a rice patty registers 160 degrees F (do not turn mushrooms).
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in enough milk to make of drizzling consistency. Drizzle patties with mayonnaise mixture; sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons green onion. If desired, serve mushrooms on greens. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Not all Cajun seasonings are alike. For this recipe, be sure to choose a Cajun seasoning that contains salt.
Nutrition Facts (Cajun Rice and Portobello Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 390 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 110 mg chol. ,
- 422 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 10 g pro.