Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges.
- In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour. Stir in chocolate. Press dough into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until light brown and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using foil, lift cookies out of pan. Cut in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Place, cut sides down, on an ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cut edges are dry. Carefully remove; cool on wire racks.
From the Test Kitchen
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 166 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 178 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
westernbabe001 97 Days Ago
I followed the recipe except I baked at 350 degrees and tested it at 19 minutes (instead of 22-25) and it should have only been in around 15-17 minutes. It was done. Baking at 375 degrees is too hot. I don't understand Step 4 - seems like following that would completely dry out the cookie when it's already done, so I didn't do that. I would remove Step 4 totally, as suggest from the Test Kitchen....but watch your baking time as ovens vary. Since it was slightly over baked, it is really hard to tell how much better it would be at 15-17 minutes - but did have a good flavor. Next time I will bake at less time. I used as bars instead of sticks.