Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges.
- In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour. Stir in chocolate. Press dough into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until light brown and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using foil, lift cookies out of pan. Cut in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Place, cut sides down, on an ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cut edges are dry. Carefully remove; cool on wire racks.
From the Test Kitchen
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 166 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 178 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.