Salted Caramel Truffle Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray. In a small bowl microwave chocolate 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool slightly.
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl combine caramels and milk. Microwave 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until caramels are melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside 1/3 cup of the caramel mixture; cover and chill until needed. Drizzle the remaining caramel mixture over the crust in the pan (will not coat evenly).
- For filling, in a large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating on low after each. Spread filling evenly over crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until edges are puffed and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Just before serving, uncover and reheat reserved caramel mixture in the microwave 30 to 60 seconds or until drizzling consistency, stirring every 30 seconds. Use edges of foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Transfer to a cutting board. Drizzle caramel mixture over bars and sprinkle with salt.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Salted Caramel Truffle Cheesecake Bars)
- Per serving:
- 208 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 36 mg chol. ,
- 214 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.