Salted Caramel Revel Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- Set aside 2 Tbsp. of the butter. In a large bowl beat the remaining butter with a mixer on medium 30 seconds. Beat in brown sugar and baking soda until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in eggs and 2 tsp. of the vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in the rolled oats.
- For filling, in a medium saucepan combine the reserved butter, the caramels, and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat until caramels melt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining 2 tsp. vanilla, and 1/2 tsp. of the fleur de sel.
- Press two-thirds (about 3 1/3 cups) of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Spread filling over the oat mixture. Dot remaining oat mixture on filling. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tsp. fleur de sel.
- Bake 25 minutes (the filling will still look moist, but will continue to set as it cools). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use edges of foil to lift uncut bars out of pan pan. Place on cutting board; cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Arrange bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Salted Caramel Revel Bars)
- Per serving:
- 141 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 130 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.