Salted Caramel Brownies with Pretzel Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For bottom layer, stir together first 4 crust ingredients. Stir in the 1/2 cup melted butter. Pat mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 11x7x1-1/2-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate, butter, and the water; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar to chocolate mixture; beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, and cinnamon. Beat on low speed until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For the drizzle, melt chocolate and caramel candies separately; place each in a Ziploc bag. Snip off a corner and drizzle the caramel first followed by the chocolate and a sprinkling of fleur de sel.
From the Test Kitchen
To Bake Ahead:
Prepare brownies as directed; do not cut into bars. Cover pan. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, cut brownies into bars and layer between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw brownies; add drizzle.