Salted Caramel Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. In a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, and oil; heat and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine the flours, baking powder, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the baking soda. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir to combine. Stir in pecans.
- Spread pecan mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with crushed potato chips. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-cup glass measure combine vanilla caramels and milk. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Drizzle melted caramel mixture over cooled blondies; quickly sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut blondies out of the pan. Cut into 28 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
We do not recommend using sugar substitute for this recipe.
**Test Kitchen Tip:
Purchase a small, snack-size bag of potato chips and measure 1/4 cup for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts (Salted Caramel Blondies )
- Per serving:
- 148 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 115 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.