Warm Spinach and Scallop Salad
- Thaw scallops, if frozen; set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine spinach, Boston or Bibb lettuce, red sweet pepper, and carrot. Set aside.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine water, lemon juice, honey, and mustard. Cover and shake well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops and shallots. Cook and stir for 1 to 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Remove scallops with slotted spoon. Add scallops to salad bowl.
- Shake dressing again. Pour dressing into skillet. Heat just to boiling. Pour dressing mixture over mixture in salad bowl; toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with toasted chopped pecans. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare spinach mixture. Cover and chill up to 6 hours. Prepare dressing. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Warm Spinach and Scallop Salad)
- Per serving:
- 198 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 228 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 14 g pro.