Shrimp with Tarragon Dressing
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on if desired. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a saucepan cook potatoes in a small amount of lightly salted boiling water for 8 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a blender container combine mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing, buttermilk or yogurt, green onions, parsley, tarragon, and garlic. Cover and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the water, vinegar, and salt. Heat to boiling. Add shrimp. Simmer, covered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain.
- Arrange potato slices and shrimp on 4 lettuce-lined plates. If necessary, stir some water into the dressing to make of drizzling consistency. Drizzle dressing over potatoes and shrimp. If desired, garnish with cherry tomatoes. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, chill plates with potatoes and up to 4 hours. Chill sauce up to 4 hours. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over shrimp and potatoes.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp with Tarragon Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 237 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 131 mg chol. ,
- 553 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 17 g pro.