Sesame Noodle Slaw
- Spread almonds and sesame seeds in a shallow baking pan. In a 300 degree F oven bake about 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring once; cool.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a screw-top jar combine oil, vinegar, soy sauce, seasoning packet from noodles, sugar, and black pepper. Cover and shake well.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, green onions, raisins (if desired), and almond mixture. Break noodles into small pieces. Sprinkle onto salad.
- Add dressing; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Makes 8 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Sesame Chicken and Noodle Slaw:
Prepare as above, except layer 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken or pork with the cabbage and onion. Continue as above. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts per 2 1/4 cups: 523 cal., 37 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 47 mg chol., 450 mg sodium, 28 g carbo., 6 g fiber, 24 g pro.
Daily Values: 6% vit. A, 37% vit. C, 16% calcium, 16% iron
Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Starch, 2 1/2 Lean Meat, 7 Fat
Nutrition Facts (Sesame Noodle Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 211 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 360 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.