Red Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Divide evenly among two well-greased 15x10x1-inch baking pans or shallow roasting pans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until tender and browned, turning once with metal spatula. Cool slightly; transfer to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare Mustard Dressing. Gently toss about 1/4 cup of the dressing with potatoes. Transfer remaining dressing to small jar or pitcher for serving. Cover and refrigerate potatoes and remaining dressing for 6 to 24 hours. Let potatoes stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. To serve, arrange potatoes with remaining ingredients as directed, below. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed above. Arrange potatoes, watercress, onion, vegetables, and tomatoes on plates. Pass Mustard Dressing.
Prepare as directed above, except after removing some of the dressing to toss with potatoes, add an additional cup of mayonnaise to blender; blend until smooth. Transfer to bowl; cover and refrigerate. Layer spinach in bottom of a large straight-sided clear glass cylinder or jar (about 1 1/2 gallons). Top with a layer of potatoes, the onion, 2 cups of the vegetables, 1 to 2 pints of cherry tomatoes, and remaining 1 to 2 cups vegetables. Spoon on half of the dressing. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with fennel fronds. Pass remaining dressing.
Nutrition information per serving: 354 cal., 25 g fat, 11 mg chol., 569 my sodium, 30 g carb., 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Prepare as directed above. Coarsely chop roasted potatoes, onion, and sliced vegetables. Toss with greens, tomatoes, and some of the dressing. Serve in individual cups with remaining dressing on the side.
- In blender combine vinegar, olive oil, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Process until blended.
Nutrition Facts (Red Potato Salad with Mustard Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 280 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 4 mg chol. ,
- 426 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.