Recipes and Cooking Molasses-Tossed Potatoes 3.0 (2) Use a variety of small potatoes in this sweet yet sharp potato recipe for visual interest. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 15 mins Bake Time: 35 mins Total Time: 50 mins Servings: 8 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients Nonstick cooking spray 2 ½ pound tiny new potatoes, small Yukon Gold potatoes, and/or fingerling potatoes 2 tablespoon cooking oil 2 tablespoon molasses 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed ½ teaspoon salt ½ cup walnut pieces Fresh chive (optional) Directions Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Scrub and quarter potatoes (halve any large quarters). Arrange potatoes in pan. In a small bowl combine oil, molasses, vinegar, thyme, and salt. Drizzle mixture over potatoes. Toss gently to coat. Bake potatoes, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add nuts; stir to mix. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh chive. Makes 8 side-dish servings. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 219 Calories 9g Fat 33g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 219 % Daily Value * Total Fat 9g 12% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Sodium 157mg 7% Total Carbohydrate 33g 12% Total Sugars 6g Protein 4g Vitamin C 14.2mg 71% Calcium 30.3mg 2% Iron 2.2mg 12% Potassium 568mg 12% Folate, total 20.2mcg Vitamin B-6 0.5mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.