Mexican-Style Chicken Salad
- Combine chicken and the water in a large skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 14 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Drain well. Cool chicken. Cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes and carrots in a medium saucepan in boiling salted water about 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, adding zucchini and frozen peas for the last 3 to 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and cool.
- Drain jalapeno peppers, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cover and chill jalapeno peppers. Stir together reserved jalapeno pepper juice and mayonnaise dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine chicken, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, peas, and tomato in a large bowl. Gently fold in mayonnaise dressing mixture. Cover; chill for 1 hour.
- Divide lettuce among 4 dinner plates. Spoon chicken mixture over lettuce. Top with jalapeno peppers. Garnish with radishes and tortilla chips, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Mexican-Style Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- 59 mg chol. ,
- 769 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb.
Tina Lewis Napolitano 1285 Days Ago
So glad I have finally found a recipe for this kind of chicken salad! I've had it many times at Mexican parties, and kind of knew what was in it, but to have a recipe is even better! I just wish the protein amount was listed! And I have made this a few times now, and it's really delicious, especially with pretzel crisps or wheat thins!