Mesclun with Pears and Blue Cheese
- In a large salad bowl place mesclun and pear slices. Toss lightly to combine.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine pear nectar, oil, vinegar, mustard, ginger, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour dressing over salad; toss lightly to coat.
- Divide evenly among salad plates. Sprinkle each serving with nuts and cheese.
- Makes 8 side-dish servings
From the Test Kitchen
Balsamic-Dressed Mesclun with Pears:
Prepare as directed above, except omit dressing. Toss salad with 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette or bottled balsamic vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 183 cal., 13 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 5 mg chol., 107 mg sodium, 15 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.
Daily Values: 6% vit. A, 10% vit. C, 7% calcium, 5% iron
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 2 1/2 Fat
Nutrition Facts (Mesclun with Pears and Blue Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 152 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 110 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.