Italian Basil, Tomato, and Pasta Salad
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, pepper, and garlic. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in the slivered basil. Set dressing aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook frozen beans according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Toss one-third of the dressing with the cooked pasta; place pasta in the bottom of a very large salad bowl. Layer ingredients on top of the pasta in the following order: cooked green beans, tomatoes, and olives. Top with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with the basil leaves, the Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. To serve, toss lightly to combine. Makes 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Transport in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
For 8 Servings:
Prepare using method above, except assemble salad in a large salad bowl.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Basil, Tomato, and Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 173 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 167 mg sodium ,
- 17 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.