Hunter's Wild Rice Chicken Salad
- Rinse wild rice well. Bring the water to boiling in a large saucepan. Add wild rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 40 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed and rice is tender. Drain, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cook rice pilaf according to the package directions.
- Combine the wild rice, rice pilaf, chicken, sweet pepper, and pea pods strips in a large bowl.
- Stir together salad dressings and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour over rice mixture. Stir gently to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, arrange green onions around edges of 6 to 8 chilled salad plates. Spoon rice mixture into center. Garnish each plate with additional pea pods, if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If you want to curl the green onions, place the green onion strips in ice water for 20 minutes; drain well.
Nutrition Facts (Hunter's Wild Rice Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 530 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- 81 mg chol. ,
- 979 mg sodium ,
- 48 g carb.