Grilled Salmon Salad Prepare the tortilla bowls for this main dish salad recipe well ahead of serving time to make dinner go quicker and easier. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on May 16, 2017 Print Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 30 mins Grill Time: 8 mins Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 4 Yield: 4 maindish servings Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ pound fresh or frozen salmon or firm white fish fillets 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or Jamaican jerk seasoning 6 cup torn mixed greens, such as sorrel, spinach, romaine, radicchio, or leaf lettuce 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced 1 medium mango, seeded, peeled, and sliced 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds, toasted Lime peel curls (optional) Tortilla Bowls 4 9 inch flour tortillas nonstick coating spray Tarragon-Buttermilk Dressing ⅓ cup buttermilk 2 tablespoon light mayonnaise or salad dressing 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon or dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed or dillweed Directions Thaw fish if frozen. Brush fish with olive or cooking oil; sprinkle with lime or lemon juice and Cajun or Jamaican jerk seasoning. Arrange fish fillets in a well-greased grill basket; grill fish directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2 inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily, turning once. (Or, place fish on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2 inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily.) Break fish into bite-size pieces. In a large mixing bowl combine greens, strawberries, avocado, mango, oranges, and nuts; toss gently to mix. Spoon into Tortilla Bowls; drizzle with Tarragon-Buttermilk Dressing. Garnish each serving with a lime peel curl, if desired. Makes 4 main-dish servings. Make-Ahead Tips: If not using Tortilla Bowls immediately, store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Prepare dressing, cover, and store in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Tortilla Bowls Lightly brush four 9- or 10-inch flour tortillas with a small amount of cooking oil, or spray nonstick coating onto 1 side of each tortilla. Spray nonstick coating into four taco salad molds or small oven-safe bowls. Press tortillas, coated sides up, into molds or bowls. Place a ball of foil in each tortilla cup. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove the foil. Cool. Remove Tortilla Bowls from the molds. Fill the bowls with Grilled Salmon Salad or other salad of your choice and serve immediately. Makes 4 bowls. Tarragon-Buttermilk Dressing In a small bowl stir together 1/3 cup buttermilk; 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing; and 1 teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon or dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed, or dillweed. Use immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator. Makes about 1/2 cup. Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 496 Calories 26g Fat 54g Carbs 16g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 4 Calories 496 % Daily Value * Total Fat 26g 33% Saturated Fat 5g 25% Cholesterol 11mg 4% Sodium 369mg 16% Total Carbohydrate 54g 20% Protein 16g Vitamin C 93.9mg 469% Calcium 151.5mg 12% Iron 4.9mg 27% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.