Fresh Fruit Medley with Frosty Melon Dressing
- In a small saucepan combine orange juice and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; set aside.
- In a blender container or food processor bowl blend or process the 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe, honey, vinegar, and cinnamon until smooth. Add orange juice mixture; process until combined.
- Transfer melon mixture to an 8x4x2-inch or 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Cover; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Break frozen mixture into small chunks. Transfer melon mixture to a chilled mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth but not melted. Rinse and dry the pan; line with plastic wrap. Return mixture to loaf pan. Cover and freeze until firm or for up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, arrange kale or romaine on a serving platter or 6 salad plates. Place the desired fruit atop the greens.
- For dressing, use a melon baller or scrape a spoon across the top of the frozen melon mixture to make small scoops. (If too frozen to scoop or scrape, let frozen dressing sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes to soften). Place frozen scoops of dressing atop fruit and serve immediately. Make 6 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and freeze orange juice-cantaloupe mixture up to 2 weeks ahead. Before serving, arrange fruit on kale or romaine and top with scoops of frozen dressing.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Fruit Medley with Frosty Melon Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 85 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 7 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.