Recipes and Cooking Fresh Corn Salad 4.4 (38) Bright, juicy tomatoes, crisp bell peppers, and crunchy cucumber provide a perfect medley of flavor and texture, beautifully complementing the sweet grilled corn in this refreshing summer salad. Pair with a succulent grilled steak, or blackened sea bass. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 1, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 25 mins Grill Time: 10 mins Chill Time: 2 hrs Total Time: 2 hrs 35 mins Servings: 8 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 8 ears corn, shucked 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped 2 green onions, chopped 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped* ¼ cup chopped cilantro 4 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil Directions Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush corn with a little olive oil. Grill corn until lightly browned, turning often to cook evenly; cool. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs. Toss corn with tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, vinegar, and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Bring to room temperature to serve. Makes 8 servings. * Hot chile peppers, such as jalapeños, contain oils that can burn skin and eyes. Avoid direct contact as much as possible. Wear plastic gloves. If using bare hands, wash hands well with soap and water. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 178 Calories 8g Fat 26g Carbs 5g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 178 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8g 10% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Sodium 96mg 4% Total Carbohydrate 26g 9% Total Sugars 8g Protein 5g Vitamin C 35.4mg 177% Calcium 30.3mg 2% Iron 1.3mg 7% Potassium 633mg 13% Folate, total 68.5mcg Vitamin B-6 0.2mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.