Festive Wreath Salad
- Discard outer layers of fennel; slice fennel crosswise into thin strips, discarding core. Halve peppers lengthwise; remove seeds. Slice sweet peppers crosswise into thin rings.
- To assemble salad, arrange lettuce and watercress on 12 plates or in a large salad bowl. Arrange fennel and sweet pepper on top.
- For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, fennel seed, salt, and pepper in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well to mix. Drizzle dressing over salads. Makes 12 side-dish servings.
- Salad is photographed with Peach-Fig Relish and Wild Rice-Stuffed Squash.
- Clean and prepare vegetables, and refrigerate in separate airtight containers up to 8 hours. Refrigerate dressing up to 1 week; bring to room temperature and shake well just before using.
Nutrition Facts (Festive Wreath Salad)
- Per serving:
- 115 kcal
- 9 g
- (1 g
- 0 mg
- 119 mg
- 8 g
- 9 g
- 1 g