Roasted Veggies with Chicken Sausage or Smoked Turkey Sausage
- Coat a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a medium nonstick skillet heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat; add sausage. Cook until brown on all sides, turning links frequently.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, the sweet pepper, onion, tomatoes, garlic, and oregano to slow cooker, tossing until combined. Arrange sausages on top of mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 1/2 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and mustard; cover with plastic wrap. Chill until serving time.
- To serve, spoon about 1/3 cup of the vegetable mixture into each bun. Cut each sausage piece in half lengthwise; place each half, cut side down, on top of vegetables. Spoon the sauce over sausage.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Veggies with Chicken Sausage or Smoked Turkey Sausage)
- Per serving:
- 259 kcal
- 10 g
- (2 g
- 2 g
- 16 mg
- 481 mg
- 34 g
- 3 g
- 9 g
- 8 g