Roasted Veggie Quesadillas with Melon-Cucumber Salad
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the squash, mushrooms, red pepper, and 3 tablespoons olive oil, stirring to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange vegetables on the prepared baking sheet. Roast vegetables for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown and tender, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and stir in cilantro.
- Place a tortilla on work surface; sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese over the one half of tortilla. Top with about 1/3 cup of the roasted vegetables. Fold tortilla in half over the filling. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, shredded cheese, and roasted vegetables. Arrange quesadillas in a single layer on a second baking sheet, baking in batches if necessary. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip quesadillas over and bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted and tortillas are slightly browned. Let cool 1 minute; cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the cucumber, cantaloupe, arugula, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with queso fresco. Serve quesadillas with melon-cucumber salad, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, these quesadillas can also be filled then grilled over low heat about 2 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Veggie Quesadillas with Melon-Cucumber Salad)
- Per serving:
- 678 kcal ,
- 42 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 13 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 1432 mg sodium ,
- 53 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.