- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line four 15x10x1-inch baking pans* with foil. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes and onions in one prepared pan. Place carrots and parsnips in second prepared pan. Place mushrooms and garlic in third prepared pan. Place peppers in remaining prepared pan. Drizzle olive oil evenly over vegetables in each pan. Toss lightly to coat all the vegetables. Sprinkle all vegetables evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place the pans with the potatoes, onions, carrots, and parsnips in the oven. Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender and brown on the edges, stirring once. Remove pans from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Place the pan with the peppers in the oven. Roast for 15 minutes. Add the pan with the mushrooms and garlic to the oven. Roast for 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. Remove pans from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Place cooled vegetables in airtight containers;** cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and use in recipes as desired.
From the Test Kitchen
If you don't have four 15x10x1-inch pans, you can prepare the vegetables in batches and reuse pans as needed.
You can divide vegetables into the correct portion size for the recipes in this article and store them in separate containers. You will have 15 cups of freshly roasted vegetables but they will settle to 13 cups after refrigeration.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 98 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 168 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.