Roasted Tomatillo and Jalapeno Guacamole
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange tomatillos and jalapenos, cut sides down, in a shallow baking pan. Add onion. In a small bowl combine oil, garlic, and cumin; brush vegetables with oil mixture. Roast, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until lightly charred; cool.
- Chop roasted vegetables; drain off any liquid. In a medium bowl stir lime peel and lime juice into guacamole.
- Transfer guacamole mixture to a serving bowl. Top with chopped vegetables. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with lime wedges, vegetable dippers, and/or tortilla chips.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables as directed in Step 1. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Tomatillo and Jalapeno Guacamole)
- Per serving:
- 69 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 71 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.