Roasted Red Pepper Gazpacho with Pepperoni Cheese Toast
- In a food processor combine peppers, tomatoes, broth, olive oil, tarragon, celery seed, garlic, and sugar. over and process half at a time if necessary, to desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- For Pepperoni Cheese Toast, brush one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise. Layer pepperoni and cheese on the unbrushed sides of 4 slices. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side up. On a large griddle or skillet toast sandwiches over medium heat until cheese is melted and bread is golden, turning once, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide soup among bowls; top with cucumber. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and olive oil, if desired. Serve with Pepperoni Cheese Toasts.
From the Test Kitchen
If you don't have a large griddle, do sandwiches two at at time in a very large skillet.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Red Pepper Gazpacho with Pepperoni Cheese Toast)
- Per serving:
- 478 kcal ,
- 26 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 1022 mg sodium ,
- 44 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 18 g pro.
Carol Cook 1247 Days Ago
Making this to take to book group tomorrow- and I know it'll be a GREAT hit!!