Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Red Pepper Pesto
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl combine slivered garlic, oregano, smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Brush pork with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil; press garlic mixture onto all sides. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees F. Cover with foil; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper wedges. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally until peppers are well-browned. Remove from heat.
- Transfer a third of the peppers to a blender or food processor. Add minced garlic and the remaining 3 Tbsp. of olive oil. Process until almost smooth. Add additional oil, if necessary, to create pesto-like consistency. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Serve pork with red pepper pesto and roasted pepper wedges. Sprinkle with fresh oregano.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Red Pepper Pesto)
- Per serving:
- 293 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 74 mg chol. ,
- 354 mg sodium ,
- 7 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
MNTransplant 1835 Days Ago
This was divine. I prepared it with a box scalloped potato mix in the same oven; they were both done at the same time. So delicious! High heat and the pesto made the tenderloin especially good.