Roasted Pepper-Stuffed Burgers
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, vinegar, the 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Working on waxed paper, shape mixture into twelve 4-inch-diameter patties.
- Place cheese and roasted peppers on the center of six of the patties. Top with the remaining six patties; pinch edges together to seal.
- Place waxed paper with patties on a baking sheet and freeze about 1 hour or until firm. Layer frozen patties between sheets of waxed paper in a freezer container; seal and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw in a single layer in the refrigerator overnight. Sprinkle patties with additional salt and black pepper.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place patties on the grill rack directly over medium-high heat. Cover and grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until patties are done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and pesto. Spread cut sides of buns with mayonnaise mixture. Fill buns with burgers and basil leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
Preheat broiler. Place patties on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through broiling.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Pepper-Stuffed Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 570 kcal ,
- 38 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 99 mg chol. ,
- 796 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.