Roasted Mushroom, Spinach, and Ricotta Tart
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; set aside.
- For pastry, in a food processor combine flour, sunflower kernels, thyme, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and process with on/off pulses until kernels are chopped. In a glass measuring cup combine the 1/4 cup oil and the water. With food processor running, slowly add oil mixture through feed tube, processing just until mixture comes together (do not overprocess).
- Transfer pastry to the prepared pie plate; press evenly onto bottom and sides. Prick bottom a few times with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in the food processor combine ricotta cheese, eggs, basil, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, and the pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large roasting pan combine mushrooms, the 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Roast about 25 minutes or until mushroom liquid is nearly evaporated, stirring twice. Stir in spinach and Marsala. Roast about 10 minutes more or until Marsala is nearly evaporated, stirring once. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- To assemble tart, spread filling in the bottom of the baked pastry shell. Top with mushroom mixture and the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or just until filling is set. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Mushroom, Spinach, and Ricotta Tart)
- Per serving:
- 307 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 71 mg chol. ,
- 381 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.