Roasted Indian Chicken, Vegetables, and Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. If desired, line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In a small bowl combine oil, sugar, mustard seeds, turmeric, cumin, ginger, coriander, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
- In an extra-large bowl combine chicken, carrots, cauliflower, and beans. Drizzle with oil mixture; stir gently to coat. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and carrots are crisp-tender and starting to brown.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon lime juice over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro and, if desired, almonds. Squeeze a lime wedge over each serving.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Indian Chicken, Vegetables, and Chickpeas)
- Per serving:
- 356 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 9 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 58 mg chol. ,
- 765 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.
KittyOmine 87 Days Ago
Why not just use curry powder and packaged shredded carrots instead of all that added work?
Rachel Hungerford 2030 Days Ago
I think this would be a lot better if it had about double the spices and half the oil. It was very oily when we made it and lacking the flavor that Indian food usually has.