Roasted Chicken Chimichangas
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, pinto beans, onion, cilantro, and adobo sauce; mix well. Place about 1/2 cup of the meat-bean mixture just below center of each tortilla. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling. Fold opposite sides in and over filling. Roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks.*
- In an extra-large skillet heat about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil over medium heat to 365 degrees F. Fry filled tortillas, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, crispy, and heated through, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, top chimichangas with crema, avocado dip, queso fresco, and salsa.
From the Test Kitchen
To make tortillas easy to roll without cracking, wrap tortillas in paper towels; microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or just until warmed.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Chicken Chimichangas)
- Per serving:
- 747 kcal ,
- 40 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 85 mg chol. ,
- 1172 mg sodium ,
- 61 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 33 g pro.
Ami Acheson 528 Days Ago
We baked these last night instead of fried.Place seam side down on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking oil. Brush melted butter on top of each chimichanga. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Flip to other side and repeat.
Marilyn Kennedy 848 Days Ago
This is really not a roasted Chimichanga! more like deep fried in a cast iron
Victoria Schwartz 1521 Days Ago
I would love to do this - could I use egg roll wrappers instead?? I have some i need to use up?! I would love to bake them - Would there need to be any other adjustments, do you think?