Roasted Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Place cauliflower in prepared baking pan. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Roast 20 minutes or until tender and browned. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Return macaroni to saucepan.
- For cheese sauce, in a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. In a medium bowl whisk together the next three ingredients (through 1/2 teaspoon salt) until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Remove from heat. Gradually add cheddar cheese, stirring just until melted.
- Add cauliflower and cheese sauce to cooked macaroni; stir gently to combine. Transfer mixture to a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. In a small bowl combine the next three ingredients (through thyme). Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle crumb mixture over macaroni mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and crumbs are light brown.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Cauliflower Mac and Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 295 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 539 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 15 g pro.