Roast Beef and Tomato Fajitas
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat in 2-inch pieces. Place chopped onion in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Top with meat.
- Combine the 1 can undrained stewed tomatoes, the green chiles, garlic, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over meat in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a large bowl. Use two forks to pull meat apart into coarse shreds. If desired, drizzle meat with a little cooking liquid to moisten (discard remaining liquid). Cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onion wedges. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender and starting to brown. Stir in the remaining can stewed tomatoes; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat** and 1/2 cup pepper mixture onto one side of each warmed tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over filling. Top with sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Serve with lime wedges.
- Join the conversation at facebook.com/delmonte
From the Test Kitchen
To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Place remaining shredded meat in airtight containers; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (or freeze for up to 3 months). If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator before using.
Nutrition Facts (Roast Beef and Tomato Fajitas)
- Per serving:
- 504 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 87 mg chol. ,
- 530 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.