Recipes and Cooking Pomegranate Rice 4.4 (9) Add your rating & review Toss jasmine rice with shallot, fresh ginger, pomegranate seeds, and pistachio nuts. Lemon zest brightens it up. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on November 1, 2009 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 14 mins Stand Time: 10 mins Total Time: 44 mins Servings: 6 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 shallot, chopped 1 tablespoon canola oil 1 cup jasmine or long grain white rice 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth ¼ cup water ½ cup roasted salted pistachio nuts 1 cup pomegranate seeds Lemon peel strips Directions In large saucepan cook shallots in hot oil over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice, ginger, and cinnamon. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Carefully add broth and water to rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 14 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in nuts and pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle lemon peel. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 235 Calories 8g Fat 38g Carbs 5g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 6 Calories 235 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8g 10% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Sodium 203mg 9% Total Carbohydrate 38g 14% Total Sugars 8g Protein 5g Vitamin C 6.5mg 33% Calcium 30.3mg 2% Iron 0.7mg 4% Potassium 243mg 5% Folate, total 24.2mcg Vitamin B-6 0.2mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.