Rhubarb-Maple Marinated Pork Chops
- Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Place chops in a freezer bag.
- For marinade, in a blender or food processor combine rhubarb, maple syrup, oil, lemon juice, horseradish, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Pour half of the marinade over chops. Seal bag; turn to coat chops. Pour the remaining marinade into a freezer bag; seal. Freeze chops and bag of marinade for up to 4 months.
- To serve, thaw chops and bag of marinade in the refrigerator overnight. Drain chops, discarding marinade used for chops.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place chops on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in chops registers 145 degrees F, brushing with some of the reserved marinade for the last 5 minutes of grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place chops on grill rack over burner that is off. Cover and grill as above.) Serve with the remaining reserved marinade.
From the Test Kitchen
Preheat broiler. Place chops on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 15 to 17 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in chops registers 145 degrees F, turning two or three times during broiling and brushing with some of the reserved marinade for the last 5 minutes of broiling.
Nutrition Facts (Rhubarb-Maple Marinated Pork Chops)
- Per serving:
- 866 kcal ,
- 54 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 20 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 150 mg chol. ,
- 738 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 33 g sugar ,
- 54 g pro.