Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat the foil with cooking spray. In a medium saucepan heat and stir chocolate over low heat until melted. Let cool.
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and the 2 Tbsp.sugar; stir in the melted butter. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, the 1/3 cup sugar, the red food coloring, and vanilla with a mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate. Stir in eggs. Spread over crust.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until edges are puffed and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours before serving. Use edges of foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Or use 2 cups finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling, omit the 2 Tbsp. sugar, and decrease the melted butter to 1/4 cup.
Layer bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars)
- Per serving:
- 171 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 49 mg chol. ,
- 124 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
acegram2332535, there is a brand called Voortman. Basically , these are oblong cookies that come in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry (Often in the same package so it look like Neapolitan ice cream!) They are thin, crispy waffle-patterned with a small amount of filling which is like a dry frosting. Each cookie is about 1/2 inch (2cm) by 3 inches (6cm)