Raspberry Sorbet Trio
- Finely shred 2 tsp. peel from lime. Juice lime (2 Tbsp.); set aside.
- For Raspberry Lime Sorbet, in a medium saucepan stir the sugar and water over medium heat until just simmering, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Add raspberries and lime juice. Stir to thaw.
- Place raspberry mixture in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; discard seeds. Stir in lime peel.
- Transfer raspberry mixture to a 2-quart freezer container. Cover; freeze about 4 hours or until firm. Break up mixture with a fork; transfer to a chilled bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth and lightened in color. Return to container. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
From the Test Kitchen
Raspberry Mango Sorbet
Prepare as above, except omit lime peel and juice and use 1 cup frozen raspberries and 2 cups cubed frozen mango.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 156 calories, 0 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 38 g total sugar, 8% Vitamin A, 26% Vitamin C, 1 mg sodium, 1% calcium, 2% iron
Raspberry Pineapple Sorbet
Prepare as above, except omit lime peel and juice and use 1 cup frozen raspberries and 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 182 calories, 0 g protein, 47 g carbohydrate, 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 1 g fiber, 45 g total sugar, 1% Vitamin A, 13% Vitamin C, 3 mg sodium, 1% calcium, 2% iron
Nutrition Facts (Raspberry Sorbet Trio)
- Per serving:
- 140 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 1 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 32 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.