Raspberry, Moscato, and Vanilla Bean Parfaits
- In a small saucepan stir together granulated sugar and gelatin. Stir in wine. Bring to simmering, stirring to dissolve sugar and gelatin. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Divide the 1 cup raspberries among six 6-ounce parfait glasses or champagne flutes.** Pour about 1/4 cup of the wine mixture over berries in each glass. Chill about 2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the almond milk, the water, and salt to boiling. Stir in rice; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until rice is tender but still chewy, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Using the tip of the knife, scrape out the tiny seeds; set aside. In a small bowl whisk together egg yolks, brown sugar, and the remaining almond milk.
- Gradually stir about 1/4 cup of the hot rice mixture into egg yolk mixture. Return yolk mixture to the remaining hot rice mixture in saucepan, stirring to combine. Stir in vanilla seeds (reserve the vanilla bean pod for another use). Cook and stir over low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; cover and cool completely.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the rice mixture over raspberry mixture in each glass. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped topping (if desired) and 1 or 2 additional raspberries.
From the Test Kitchen
We do not recommend using sugar substitutes for this recipe.
If you do not have parfait glasses or champagne flutes, use tall 6-ounce glasses.
Nutrition Facts (Raspberry, Moscato, and Vanilla Bean Parfaits)
- Per serving:
- 207 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 92 mg chol. ,
- 99 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.