Raspberry Brownie Tartlets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll the Chocolate Pastry to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 2 3/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut pastry into 24 rounds. Fit rounds into 24 ungreased 1 3/4-inch muffin cups, pressing pastry onto bottoms and up the sides. Bake 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small saucepan combine unsweetened chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, jam, and egg just until combined. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Spoon a scant 1 tablespoon of the filling into each pastry-lined muffin cup.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in muffin cups 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; cool on wire rack.
- Spread Chocolate Ganache evenly over filling. Top each tartlet with a raspberry.
- In a small saucepan combine white chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Drizzle over tartlets. Let stand until set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer uniced tartlets between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, thaw tartlets if frozen. Prepare Chocolate Ganache and ice tartlets as directed.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and cold water. Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into flour mixture. Gently knead dough just until a ball forms. If necessary, cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium-high heat just until boiling. Remove from heat. Add chocolate pieces (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes before using.
Nutrition Facts (Raspberry Brownie Tartlets)
- Per serving:
- 312 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 34 mg chol. ,
- 61 mg sodium ,
- 55 g carb. ,
- 21 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.