Raspberry-Apple Kuchen with Warm Cream Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs until combined. Alternately add flour mixture and half-and-half to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Peel (if desired), core, and thinly slice apples. Arrange apple slices on top of kuchen; press gently into batter. Top with raspberries; press gently into batter. In a small bowl stir together 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over kuchen.
- Bake about 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, sprinkle kuchen with powdered sugar. Top each serving with Warm Cream Sauce.
Warm Eggnog Sauce
- In a medium saucepan combine whipping cream, sugar, butter, and nutmeg. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in rum extract.
Nutrition Facts (Raspberry-Apple Kuchen with Warm Cream Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 502 kcal ,
- 29 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 124 mg chol. ,
- 298 mg sodium ,
- 59 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 36 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.