Recipes and Cooking Ranger Cookies 4.3 (48) 1 Review These delicious homemade cookies will remind you of when you were young. Dried fruits, oatmeal, and coconut are mixed together to create the ultimate ranger cookies. It's the easiest cookie recipe you'll ever make! By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 25 mins Cool Time: 1 mins Bake Time: 8 mins Total Time: 34 mins Yield: 48 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ cup butter, softened ½ cup granulated sugar ½ cup packed brown sugar ½ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon baking soda 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1 cup flaked coconut 1 cup raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries, and/or mixed dried fruit bits Directions Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour, the oats, coconut, and dried fruit. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are set. Let stand for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. Big Ranger Cookies: Prepare as directed through Step 1. Using a 1/3-cup measure, drop dough in mounds 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each mound into a 3-inch circle. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are set. Let stand for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. Makes about 10 cookies. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 74 Calories 3g Fat 11g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 74 % Daily Value * Total Fat 3g 4% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium 34mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 11g 4% Total Sugars 7g Protein 1g Calcium 10.1mg 1% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 51mg 1% Folate, total 8.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.