Quinoa Cakes with Mushroom-Kale Alfredo Sauce
- In a bowl combine the first six ingredients (through salt). Stir in quinoa. Let stand 20 minutes. Form mixture into four 4-inch-diameter patties. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook patties about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, turning once. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender. Stir in kale. Cook and stir until wilted.
- Top quinoa patties with some of the warm Cauliflower Sauce and top with kale mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cracked black pepper. Serve with remaining sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
To make 1 3/4 cups cooked quinoa, in a small saucepan combine 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth and 1/3 cup quinoa. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. If necessary, drain off any excess liquid.
Homemade Cauliflower Sauce
- In a 4-qt. pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cauliflower and broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Blend until combined.
Nutrition Facts (Quinoa Cakes with Mushroom-Kale Alfredo Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 311 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 530 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 16 g pro.