Step-Saving Sweet Potato Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 dgree F. Grease and lightly flour bottom(s) and 1 inch up the side(s) of four 4-1/2x2-1/2x1-1/2-inch loaf pans or one 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together quick bread mix, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the water, sweet potatoes, eggs, and oil. Stir just until moistened.
- Pour batter into pan(s). Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes for small pans, 55 to 60 minutes for large pan, or until a toothpick inserted near center(s) comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan(s) on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan(s); cool completely on wire rack. If desired, for easier slicing, wrap and store loaves overnight in a cool, dry place.
- Before serving, drizzle loaves with Orange Icing. Makes 4 mini loaves (16 slices total) or 1 large loaf (16 slices).
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make icing of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Step-Saving Sweet Potato Bread)
- Per serving:
- 143 kcal
- 3 g
- 27 mg
- 157 mg
- 25 g
- 1 g
- 2 g